tcUAE v2.5.3 aka v2.6 (nowy) bazujący na WinUAE 2.4
Moonstone with tcUAE based on WinUAE 2.4.x
+ pełna obsługa gier AMIGA CD32, w tym ścieżek audio - ustalono, że będą one kompresowane w jakości MP3)
+ wygodniejsze ustawianie kontrolerów w zakładce 'Game Ports' - obecnie trzeba dodatkowo włączyć 'Compatible Mode' w zakładce 'Input'
- na części starych komputerów rwie dźwięk
tcUAE v2.5 (stary) bazujący na WinUAE 1.6
Moonstone with tcUAE based on WinUAE 1.6.x wersja po liftingu
+ lepsze działanie na starszych komputerach
WinUAE - zmiany po wersji 1.6.1
- Code: Select all
WinUAE 2.4.1 (09.05.2012)
"Traditional" x.x.0 bug fix update and some improvements.
2.4.0 bugs fixed:
- CDFS problems fixed. (crashes, wrong case if RockRidge or Joliet, truncated file comments)
- Fake 60Hz didn't work.
- Software filter major slowdown in higher resolutions.
- D3D overlay mask scaling artifacts in some resolutions.
- D3D "CRT" filters had bad geometry.
- Automatic resize resized continuously in interlaced modes.
- Some USB joysticks had multiple buttons with same name and dpad diagonal movement didn't work.
- Keyboard reset warning emulation didn't work.
- Legacy VSync works correctly again.
- Bsdsocket emulation gethostbyname("ip.address") random crash.
Other bugs fixed:
- Automatic scale/center/resize didn't work in ECS SuperPlus screen mode.
- OCS/ECS max hires overscan didn't show first 4 pixels. (ECS SuperPlus)
- 68020 cycle-exact mode statefile reliability improved. (Random "CPU trace" errors)
- 0.5M Chip RAM was detected as 1M in JIT mode.
- Mouse cursor jumping to top/left corner in some virtual machines when mouse button was clicked.
New features and updates:
- Fastest possible CPU mode (including JIT) throttle option (-10% to -90%)
- Approximate CPU mode speed adjustment (-90% to +500%). Replaces old CPU/Chipset adjustment.
- Fastest possible CPU mode timing improved.
- Low latency vsync stability improved.
- Internal display buffering system rewritten, PAL/NTSC vertical centering, even better screen
positioning in programmed modes.
- Fullscreen (TV)/(Max) filter mode programmed mode and PAL/NTSC switching support.
- Custom Input Event autofire support.
- Switch to another monitor if multiple monitors with different resolutions and current RTG resolution
is not supported by current monitor.
- CDFS statefile support implemented.
- Sound sync improved.
- Debugger basic math operator support (+-/*).
- Autoscaling improved (CD32 boot screen).
WinUAE 2.4.0 released (29.03.2012)
- VSync supported in fastest possible CPU and JIT modes, complete rewrite, fast, 100% jitter free.
- Built-in CD filesystem. Full Amiga CD compatibility, including audio tracks and Amiga Rock Ridge extension,
without need for manually installed CDFS, completely replaces old CD option that mounted CD drives as
read-only harddrives. NOTE: CD device names renamed to standard CDx: (Old was WinCD_x:)
- Commodore A2024 monitor emulation. (1024*1024 grayscale monitor)
- Individual Computers Graffiti emulation.
- PCMCIA IDE hardfile emulation.
- USB game controller low latency raw input mode is now the default. (Mouse and keyboard support was already
implemented long time ago) Windows Vista and newer only. Custom input mappings may need resetting.
- PC keyboard mode, keys like home, end, pageup, pagedown etc are mapped to Amiga key codes.
- Input configuration qualifier key/button support. Any key or button can be configured as a qualifier
and other key mappings can be configured to require one or more active qualifiers.
- Programmed screen modes (DBLPAL, Multiscan etc..) display positioning and setup greatly improved.
- Performance improved in fastest possible CPU without JIT mode.
- Performance greatly improved when immediate blitter and fastest possible CPU is enabled and program
does lots of small blits.
- Gayle IDE emulation IDE doubler mode compatibility improved.
- Sound syncronization updates, much more stable with VSync. (more updates planned in future)
- Fastest possible CPU mode audio glitch prevention hack updated. (WHDLoad IK+, Moonstone, Uridium II, etc..)
- Added pause emulation/disable sound option to active but mouse uncaptured state.
- RTG emulation optional ZorroII mode.
- UAE harddrive controller RDB harddrive "Do not mount" and "Bootable" options supported.
- Interlace mode handling and switching improved.
- Interlaced fields are matched in vsync modes if both Amiga mode and output device mode are interlaced.
- Lots more options can be modified on the fly using uae-configuration.
- Multiple display adapter/multiple monitor selection and support improved.
- GUI sound buffer range adjusted, non-linear scale, more smaller buffer sizes selectable.
- Joystick/mouse autoswitch also enabled in Input panel non-GamePorts mode.
- Native code execution disabled by default. Enable option in Miscellaneous panel.
- CPU Idle automatic limit added, no more slowdowns if it is set too low.
- Keyboard emulation improved, properly emulated handshake and lost sync state.
- uaenet.device crash if opened without installed winpcap.
- Startup crash if more than 8 serial ports detected.
- Random hangs when switching cycle-exact mode on the fly.
- CD image/physical media change on the fly didn't always trigger notification correctly.
- Lots of bsdsocket emulation compatibility and multi-thread stability fixes (YAM hangs fixed)
- Directory filesystem reported file size was not updated until file was closed.
- Directory filesystem host-side memory leak fix.
- Some Advanced Chipset options were not correctly overridden in compatibility mode.
- Mouse input stopping working randomly after returning emulation from GUI.
- Emulated middle mouse button got stuck in rawinput mode if middle button was set to untrap mouse.
- Detect and fix bad configuration options when using uae-configuration, for example it
was possible to enable both cycle-exact and JIT at the same time causing frozen emulation.
- Rare cycle-exact mode interrupt timing issue. (Guardian Dragon II / Kefrens random hang)
- Some minimized/inactive/active switching issues.
- Directory harddrives configured as unbootable still booted normally under KS 1.3.
- Windows dialogs (not GUI or file dialogs) were invisible in fullscreen Direct3D mode.
WinUAE 2.3.3 released (18.09.2011)
- New very low latency VSync mode, autodetects real refresh rate, no more 100% CPU usage, supports also windowed modes.
(Not compatible with fastest possible CPU modes but planned in future)
- Experimental rawinput joystick/joypad support. (-rawhid command line parameter)
Added because DirectInput is said to introduce some extra input lag.
- Real cause for Max Transfer IDE problem found. IDE emulation detects and logs it now.
- CD image audio buffer increased slightly, some systems had glitches in CD audio.
- Non-configured joystick/mouse autoswitch update: short firebutton press or move left = insert into joystick port,
longer press or move right = insert into mouse port.
- Add Harddrive option does not require Administrator privileges anymore, most removable drives can be used without
higher privileges, at least under Windows 7.
- IDE emulation write hang introduced in 2.3.2.
- A590/A2091 emulation crash if CPU was 68020+.
- On the fly CD switching (both images and real CDs) reliability improved.
- Direct3D blank screen problem is now 100% fixed. Really.
- win32.hardfile_path didn't work.
- On the fly resolution change didn't work correctly, resolution autoswitch improved.
- Key or joystick button mapped to mouse direction didn't work.
- Analog stick mapped to mouse had too fast and unstable speed.
WinUAE 2.3.2 released (02.06.2011)
- AROS ROM replacement development snapshot included, replaces old
very basic ROM replacement feature, used by default if official
KS ROM is not found.
- New autofire option. Button released = autofire. Button pressed = normal
- Stop the CPU and wait until blitter has finished if any blitter register
is accessed while blitter is busy and CPU mode is fastest possible.
Better workaround than immediate blitter for programs that have blitter
wait bugs with fast CPU.
- Serial port telnet server.
- Disk emulation accuracy improved
(Codertrash / Mexx, El Egg Tronic Quarts / Quadlite)
- CIA timer undocumented startup delays emulated (Risky Woods sound
- win32.floppy_path and win32.hardfile_path really works as expected.
- Display panel refresh rate accepts non-integer values.
- Implemented workaround that should fix Direct3D blank screen problem.
- Sample ripper crash.
- 68000 exception 3 emulation fixed again. (Broke compatibility with some
very old copy protections, for example Soldier of Light and Zoom!)
- Reset bug that broke Arcadia mode, A1000 mode and Action Replay ROMs.
- Automatic resolution switch interlace detection was unreliable.
- CD32 early boot menu is accessible again.
- Rare crash when switching from fullscreen RTG mode to native mode.
- Borderblank chipset feature didn't work in ECS Denise mode.
- Possible input configuration corruption due to uninitialized variable.
- Color change table overflow crash that can happen when emulated
program crashes really badly.
WinUAE 2.3.1 released (26.02.2011)
- Directory filesystem ACTION_LOCK_RECORD and ACTION_FREE_RECORD.
- Gamepad joystick type for games that support 2nd fire button but
can't read it without pullup resistor. (for example Aladdin)
- Manual filter configuration fully implemented.
- Autoresolution supported (automatically selects lowest used
resolution on the fly)
- MIDI device names are stored in configuration file.
- Custom chipset undocumented feature compatibility updates.
(For example Magic Demo / Diabolics, MoreNewStuffy by PlasmaForce,
Kefrens Party Intro by Wiz)
- M68K AROS compatible IDE and RTG emulation.
- Statefile compatiblity updates. (Initial audio glitches, mouse
counters updated correctly, CPU exact mid-instruction state saved,
active disk DMA state saved)
- New filter defaults, 1x (not FS) and always scale if selected
screen/window size is very small or large enough.
- Auto resize and center filter modes 1x/2x.. modifiers now
adjust window size.
- Attempt to load disk image and harddisk paths in state files from
current directory, current adf/hardfile path and finally state
file directory if original path or file is missing.
- SCSI emulation physical drive tray load/eject passthrough.
- SCSI emulation CD audio support improved.
(for example T-Zero and The Shadow of the Third Moon)
- Clipboard sharing disable option in GUI.
2.3.0 bugs fixed:
- Audio pitch errors if audio period rate was near minimum audio
- Very heavy CPU usage if program continuously plays really short
- ROM scanner again detects *.rom files in root directory.
- Sample ripper works again.
- Directory filesystem was slow on most modern multicore systems.
- CDTV CDA playback didn't work if play ending track was set to
last track. (Prehistorik CDTV)
- 2352 byte sector plain ISO images didn't mount correctly.
- Some drives had problems reading Mode 2 Form 1 data tracks.
- SPTI+SCSI SCAN didn't detect any non-CD devices (broke in 2.2.1)
- Automatic resize filter didn't always work correctly.
- Topmost scanline was usually not visible in autoscale modes.
- GamePorts parallel port joystick configuration crash fix.
- Random RTG color errors when switching to/from fullscreen 8-bit
- Archive mounting crashed if something prevented complete unpack
(for example non-dos dms image file)
- Harddrive state files didn't save correctly if more than one
harddrive was configured.
- A2065 Z2 board emulation fixes. (Lost interrupts, broadcast
packets getting ignored, transmitter dropping big packets.)
- A500 power led fade tricks really work now.
- HRTMon didn't work in cycle-exact modes.
WinUAE 2.3.0 released (24.09.2010)
- CDTV and CD32 subchannel hardware emulation, CD+G audio CDs supported.
- CDTV statefile support.
- FLAC compressed CD audio tracks supported (cue+flac or cue+iso+flac).
- Automatic center, max fullscreen and tv-like fullscreen options added.
- uaescsi.device SCSI emulation, including full CD audio support.
- Pause uaescsi.device CD audio when emulation is paused or GUI is open.
- Support for configuration file delayed CD image insert, for example CD32 games
F17 Challenge and Last Ninja crash if booted before CD32 boot screen appears...
- Right and bottom border, if outside of display area, is blanked instead of filling
with current border color.
- Full "Portable"/USB key mode (-portable command line parameter) and relative path support.
- Borderless/minimal/normal windowed mode option.
- CD/CD image handling rewrite:
* .ccd/.img/.sub and .mds/.mdf v1 image files supported.
* Subchannel support (CDTV/CD32 CD+G).
* Audio tracks fully supported.
* SCSI emulation, CD images and non-SPTI mode full uaescsi.device CD audio support,
most common CD SCSI commands emulated. SCSI emulation enabled by default.
* Near-instant compressed (mp3/flac) CD audio and zipped CD image startup time.
* More reliable CD/CD image and CD image/real drive on the fly change support.
- CD32/CDTV more accurate CD audio and animation streaming.
- Rawinput keyboard handling improved.
- Cycle exact audio and disk DMA sequencer, Paula DMA request line timing fully emulated,
(previously DMA accesses were "immediate", all other timing was already exact)
- Direct3D bezel overlays and "old" overlays separated, bezel overlays
are in overlays-directory, old overlays should be renamed as masks.
- Direct3D bezel automatic display area detection and aspect ratio correction.
- Disk images inside archives are automatically "extracted" to Disk Swapper
and floppy drive paths when dragged and dropped.
- 68000 and 68020 cycle exact CPU timing updates.
- 68040 MMU emulation compatibility improved, Linux and NetBSD confirmed working.
- Keyboard led handling improved.
2.2 bugs fixed:
- Triple/double/single buffer option was not saved to configuration file.
- Autovsync didn't work.
- Rawinput GUI F12 key ignored window focus.
- Gameports panel joystick/mouse type (mouse,joystick,analog joystick,..)
was ignored when configuration file was loaded.
Other bugs fixed:
- Direct3D 2x+ shader filter bad image quality.
- CDTV CD timecode (Built-in CD player time counter).
- CD32 CD end of play notification only worked if play was last sent CD command. (Fightin Spirit)
- CD32 CD audio status reporting when attempting to play data tracks (Mission Impossible 2025)
- CD32 pad 2-button mode fixes (F17 Challenge, Quik The Thunder Rabbit, ATR)
- Audio length detection error if MP3 audio tracks had checksummed frames.
- Built-in image mounter CD audio timecode offset fixed.
- Z3/RTG RAM leak when restarting.
- Direct3D scanlines can be (finally) enabled on the fly.
- Configuration file cdimage0=<drive letter>:\ at startup didn't work.
- Dynamic hardfiles didn't work reliably with DirectSCSI filesystems.
- Dynamic hardfile data corruption if physical file size grew over 4G.
- Some demos had blank display (broke in 2.0 Denise updates).
- Transparent clipboard support crash fixes.
- Initial ROM scan didn't detect Amiga Forever rom keys correctly.
- Joystick axis bogus autofire in some situations when remapping joysticks.
- Rawinput was not enabled if only one (physical or logical) keyboard was detected.
- RTG mouse cursor problem in D3D mode with enabled filter.
- RTG 8-bit fullscreen mode color error in some situations.
- Miscellaneous custom chipset and disk emulation tweaks.
- RTS and RTD odd address check was missing, fixes also mysterious JIT crashes.
- Epson printer emulation multiple page printing fixes.
- plugin directory detection problems.
- Rar archive crash.
- ~1.5G Z3 Fast RAM works again (64-bit host OS only)
WinUAE 2.2.0 released (28.06.2010)
Major Game Ports and Input GUI update (finally!):
- Quick and easy Game Ports input event remapping support.
- Test mode, check built-in or custom key mappings quickly.
- Also includes simple autofire configuration.
- Game Ports mappings are always merged with Input panel configuration modes (*).
For example when configuring a game pad, you can use Game Ports GUI for basic
configuration and remap extra buttons using Input GUI.
- Input GUI also includes quick test and remap options. Press any key,
joystick or mouse axis or button and selected input target will be
instantly ready for remapping, no more slow and manual searching.
- "Windows mouse" not supported in test or remap modes.
*) Possible compatibility issue with old configuration files in Configuration
#1-3 mode. Workaround: set Game Ports mouse and joystick to none.
Other new features:
- (Pointless) Max 1G Chip RAM support.
- 7zip SDK updated, XZ and PPMD decompression support added.
- Triple/Double/No buffering option added to GUI.
- NTSC checkbox added to Quickstart GUI.
- WASAPI and PortAudio volume control support.
- 68030 data cache emulated (mostly useless currently).
- Save state when emulator is quit configuration file option.
- Show information window while scanning for ROMs.
- Monitor "bezel" overlay image support (configuration file only).
- Floppy sound channel mask (configuration file only).
- CD32 on the fly CD changes, both images and real CDs.
- Autoscale top border position was incorrect in some situations.
- Directory filesystem crash in some situations when attempting
to open non-existing files or directories.
- INTREQR returned bit 15 set in some situations.
- GUI custom CPU frequency was read incorrectly.
- More 68020 "cycle exact" timing fixes (interrupts and blitter).
- 68000 cycle exact too slow CIA interrupt timing.
- Audio filter emulation didn't always follow power led state correctly.
- Amiga to Windows clipboard image sharing failed to convert some image types.
- Direct3D shader mode is more compatible with Intel integrated graphics cards.
- Custom chipset compatibility updates (for example Roots 2.0 / Sanity)
- 68020 "cycle exact" mode improvements.
- Direct3D "none" filter allows again all filter setting adjustments.
- On screen Power LED fade emulation improved.
and more, check winuaechangelog.txt for (technical) details.
WinUAE 2.1.0 released (28.04.2010)
2.0.x bugs fixed:
- Super Stardust level selector sprite bug.
- Directory filesystem mount failures if ISO-8859-15 character set was
not installed in Windows.
- 68020 CE mode duplicate interrupts.
- Command line parser heap corruption.
Other bugs fixed:
- Random Direct3D mode graphics crap is gone.
- Direct3D fullscreen ALT-TAB weird behavior.
- More than 8 CD drives crash.
- Rare dualplayfield buffer corruption. (Shadow Fighter AGA)
- CD32 pad emulation compatibility improved. (Roadkill CD32)
- Some game controller device types were ignored.
- Vista/7 file dialog multi file selection fix (Disk swapper).
- Swapped sound channels if stereo separation was enabled.
- Unreliable VSync in interlaced Direct3D mode.
- NTSC statefiles didn't restore correctly.
- Sometimes printer always reported busy, paper out or offline.
- Directory filesystem rename operation weird behavior if file name
included non-ISO-8859-1 characters.
- Directory filesystem cyrillic character set support.
- Mouse driver (tablet) mode random mouse jitter.
- Filter presets.
- Rar unpacking crashed if unrar.dll was too old.
- CDTV/CD32 direct CD image file support, including audio tracks,
plain iso, cue + bin, cue + bin + wav and cue + bin + mp3.
Quickstart GUI support, cdimage0=<path> in configuration file and
-cdimage=<path> in command line.
- Direct 3D rewrite, shader based (if shaders supported), overlays
and RTG supported, Direct3D is now default rendering backend,
configuration in Misc panel, all software filters are available
in Direct3D and DirectDraw modes.
- DF3: on screen led shows internal (NV)RAM accesses (CDTV and CD32)
- Input panel Caps and Scroll Lock full remapping support.
- A1000 Agnus vblank bug emulated. (Alcatraz Megademo 2)
- Fullscreen dialogs have separate size and position settings (Vista/7),
always center dialogs in fullscreen (XP)
- Multidisk image selection helper, right click on disk image select
button to open quick selection menu.
- "GamePorts" "Copy From" option added to Input panel, copies Game Ports
panel mouse/joystick settings to current input configuration.
- Parallel port sound sampler emulated, WIP, bad sound quality..
- Windowed mode status bar CD/HD/floppy "led" activity status improved.
- "Minimize when focus is lost" option.
- Expand environment variables in configuration and command line file paths.
- Many 68000 CPU cycle-exact mode instruction cycle counting and interrupt
timing updates, A500 emulation accuracy is near-perfect now.
- More compatible CDTV/CD32 CD audio support using direct digital audio
extraction. Sound panel volume control adjusts CD audio volume.
- OCS Denise horizontal position counter bug fully emulated.
- Autoscale display size detection improved.
- Support DMS files that have fake complete track zero. (BBS ads)
- Epson matrix printer emulation improved, no extra libraries or fonts
required anymore, color text and graphics supported.
- OCS chipset "fake 60Hz" refresh rate support rewritten, now handles
- Raw keyboard option is now always enabled, Input panel multiple
WinUAE 2.0.1 released (23.12.2009)
Major 2.0 bugs fixed:
- Random interference in some AGA screen modes.
- Blitter onedot line drawing mode was partially broken in non cycle exact modes.
- Screenshot and AVI recording "capture before filtering" options.
- Tar archive support added to "archive" harddrives.
- Custom chipset emulation compatibility updates. NOTE: ECS Denise
undocumented feature is now emulated and some demos have blank
screen if chipset configuration is set to ECS Denise/Full ECS.
- More compatible directory filesystem character set translation.
- Mouse driver (tablet) mode didn't work without magic mouse.
- Ignore unrar.dll versions that do not support unicode.
WinUAE 2.0.0 (13.12.2009)
Main new features:
- Huge A500 cycle exact mode compatibility improvement.
- Improved unexpanded A1200/CD32 emulation compatibility.
Approximate cycle-exact 68EC020/68020 emulation implemented, includes
emulated 68020 instruction cache, approximate prefetch emulation.
- 68040 MMU emulation (from Aranym) For example Enforcer and M68K Linux
compatibility. Not compatible with JIT.
- A2065 Zorro II hardware ethernet card emulation.
- CD32 drive emulation compatibility improved, includes animation CD
- Old game protection dongles emulated (Leaderboard, Robocop3, etc..)
- Built-in Vista/Windows 7 WASAPI sound API support.
- Real harddrive safetycheck only complains if drive is mounted
read-write and has mounted Windows partitions.
- Full NTSC timing implemented (long/short line toggle etc..)
- "AutoVSync" mode that change native refresh rates automatically.
- Basic CPU frequency/bus multiplier configuration option added.
- Gayle IDE emulation compatibility improved.
- Single sided PC/Atari ST disk images supported.
- AVI and wave sound recording improved.
- File paths support http, https and ftp protocols.
- Automatic split DMS support.
- File dialog file type setting is stored to registry/ini.
- Display width is not anymore restricted to values divisible by eight.
- Bsdsocket emulation MSG_WAITALL implemented, CVS compatibility fix.
- Uaescsi.device TD_REMOVE implemented.
- DMA cycle debugger implemented.
- RTG screen mode on-screen leds.
- "Add PC drives at startup" does not mount drives that are also
configured as real harddrives.
- Programmed refresh (non-PAL or NTSC) rate modes had bad sound.
- Right border background color error in some programs.
- On the fly USB input device insert changed unrelated keyboard layout
- Non-DMA mode sprites work again (broke long time ago)
- 5.1 sound mode had wrong center and sub mixing ratio.
- CD32 pad default mapping green and yellow, RDW and FFW reversed.
- Uaescsi.device TD_GETGEOMETRY off by one error and no media status fixed.
- Directory filesystem ACTION_FH_FROM_LOCK notification bug fixed.
- Some types of serial ports were not detected.
- Randomly appearing single jumping black scanline finally fixed.
- Command line quote parsing was not compatible.
- Mouse didn't capture properly in mouse driver (tablet) mode.
- Directory harddrive duplication was possible in configuration file if
path included national characters.
and much more than ever before..
- Bernd Schmidt
- Toni Wilen
- Bernd "Bernie" Meyer
- Sam Jordan
- Brian King
- Bernd Roesch
- Adil Temel
- Andreas Junghans
- Mathias Ortmann
- István Fábián
- James Bagg
- Benjamin Pahlke
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Picasso96 support in (Win)UAE would not be possible without
the support and generosity of Alexander Kneer and Tobias Abt. Please donate
to the Picasso96 team if you use P96 and UAE together. NOTE: Amiga Forever
from Cloanto includes a full Picasso96 license already, which is even more
reason to support a long-time Amiga software company. Click on the Picasso96
link in the About page of the WinUAE GUI for more information.
- Windows driver installed: automatically detected
- No Windows driver installed and TVicPort
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista: automatically detected
How to use hdtoolbox with full harddisk images
Create hardfile normally or use harddisk image from your real Amiga but clear all
hardfile parameters except block size.(sectors, surfaces and reserved)
HDToolBox must be run with "uaehf.device"-parameter ("tools/hdtoolbox uaehf.device")
Amiga formatted harddisk support
Requires Windows 2000 or newer with administrator privileges.
All Amiga formatted or empty drives (=zeroed partition table) are autodetected.
WinUAE does not care about interface type, drive can IDE or SCSI or even
memory card if Windows detects the drive in device manager.
Use uaehf.device to access the drive in HDToolBox.
Note that some versions of HDToolBox don't see drives with unit number > 6.
Remove some mounted harddrives (directory or hardware) to fix the problem.
WARNING: you can force all drives to be detected if you run WinUAE with
-disableharddrivesafetycheck command line parameter but be very careful.
Don't try to select and partition/format your Windows drive(s)!
NOTE: uaescsi.device or ASPI don't have anything to do with harddisk support.
- works in fullscreen modes only
- select 50Hz or 100Hz refresh rate (PAL) or 60Hz/120Hz (NTSC)
- WinUAE skips every other frame if refresh rate is over 85Hz
- display driver must support refresh rate selection. VSync is not selectable
if only available option in refresh rate selection box is "default"
- you can also select other refresh rates for "interesting" results :)
- your pc must be fast because missed frames will cause huge slowdown
- display emulation refresh rate must be set to "every frame"
CD32 emulation instructions:
- CDROM except CD audio fast forward and rewind (1) (2)
- 1Kb NVRAM (works just like console emulators' memory card)
- Joypad (keys: /=RWD *=PLAY -=FFW 7=Green 9=Yellow 1=Red 3=Blue)
You can use input-tab to configure pad mappings.
- CD32 configuration: 68EC020, AGA, 2MB chip, 0 floppy drives
- CD32's NVRAM (build-in 1024 byte flash RAM) file location can be specified in ROM-tab.
- CD32 ROMs come with Amiga Forever 5.0+ or you can dump then from floppy drive extended CD32.
Don't ask me for ROMs!
- If you have CD32 CD images, you can use daemon tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/) to mount them.
- Make sure harddrives panel is empty and uaescsi.device is disabled!
- Makes your IDE ATAPI/SCSI CDROM drives available on Amiga side (1)
Use Amiga CDFS, CDA players or CD burning software etc..
(not tested with real SCSI drives)
- requires working ASPI drivers or admin privileges (SPTI)
- no configuration option for drive selection yet.
- no drive selection configuration yet, just insert disc in any drive and start WinUAE.
Action Replay 1 / 2 / 3 instructions
- You need AR 1, AR 2 or 3 ROM (see below for rip instructions)
- Set path to Action Replay ROM file (ROM-tab, cartridge ROM)
- Freeze button = Page Up
- Don't use AR support to save game states, use build-in state save option instead.
(much faster and compatible)
- WARNING: Action Replay don't like fast Amigas or 68020+ CPUs
and max supported fast ram is 4MB.
Action Replay ROM Ripping instructions:
Find A500 with Action replay-cardridge,
press 'freeze'-button, write following:
AR 2 and 3:
new<RETURN> (AR 3 only)
insert empty floppy disk into DF0:
AR1: "sm ar1.rom,f00000 f10000"
AR2: "sm ar2.rom,400000 420000"
AR3: "sm ar3.rom,400000 440000"
transfer ROM image to your PC
- f-command extended:
f without parameters = break when PC not in ROM and current instruction is not
0x4ef9 (don't break when executing library jump tables) Great for finding start
address of bootblock.
f i = break when PC points to RTS/RTR/RTE-instruction
f i <opcode> = break when PC points to instruction opcode <opcode>
f <addr> = add/remove new breakpoint (max 8)
fd = remove all breakpoints
f <addr1> <addr2> = break when <addr1> <= PC <= <addr2>
- W-command's value-parameter can be decimal 12345 or hexadecimal (0x12345 or $12345)
write size is byte if val < 256, word if 255 > val < 65536 and long if val > 65535.
(previous version's write size was always long and was limited to chip ram)
- memwatch break points added, w <0-7> <address> <length> <r/w/rw> [<value>]
break when address space between address and address + length is accessed and
if accessed value = <value> R = break only on reads, W = writes, RW = both
- i-command: interrups and traps combined, VBR supported
- custom register dump -command added (e), dumps the contents of all existing registers
between 0xdff000-0xdf1ff. ea = dump AGA color register contents.
- CIA dump-output slightly modified, added TOD stopped status-flag and more.
- exiting debugger automatically creates "memory state" and b-command can be used
- bl lists all stored "state recorder" states
- search-command s <"string">/<hexvalues> [<addr]> [<length>]
- trace (t <cnt>) can be used to step over more than one instruction
- wd = enable illegal access logger (all read or write accesses to nonexisting memory,
read access to write-only memory or vice versa, accesses to "unofficial" cia and custom
register address space etc..)
- wd x y = disable logging between addresses x to x + y
- H = list last 50 PC addresses (HH = addresses + flags). Only available if any breakpoint
Drive sound customization
You can use external samples if you put files called drive_click_xxx.wav,
drive_spin_xxx.wav, drive_startup_xxx.wav and drive_snatch_xxx.wav
(xxx = whatever you want, "click" is the only mandatory sample)
to directory called <winuae path>\uae_data\
Windows 2000: no real multimouse support.
Windows XP/Vista/7: all mice are supported.
Open Input-tab. Select any manual configuration (Configuration #1 to #4)
Open device select box. You should see "Mouse *", "Windows mouse" and
2 or more "Raw Mouse" (XP-only, Vista/7 name can be also "HID compliant
mouse). Make sure "Mouse *" and "Windows mouse" are disabled, (select box
next to device select box is unchecked) enable other mice and make sure
mappings are correct.
New in 0.9.90: Multimouse can be configured in "Game & I/O-Ports"-panel,
there is no need to do complex Input-panel configuration anymore.
"Windows mouse" is mouse that gets all movement events from Windows'
desktop mouse instead of DirectInput. Enable "Windows mouse" if you
think mouse feels sluggish compared to older WinUAE before DirectInput
was implemented. (and don't forget to disable "Mouse *" first or
mouse movement will be quite erratic..) Can't be used in multimouse
Needed when using Tablets. Tablets only work properly if you select
"Mousehack mouse" and run Amiga-side program "mousehack". Without
mousehack "Mousehack mouse" is equal to "Windows mouse".
(mousehack-program is needed because regular mouse sends relative
movement data but Tablets are absolute devices)
WinUAE 1.3 update: mousehack-program is now built-in.
"Mouse *" is DirectInput system default mouse. "Mouse *" gets all
combined events from all connected physical mice. Can't be used
in multimouse configuration.
New ROM config entries in 1.1:
kickstart_rom=v<ver>[.<rev>] [r<subver>.<subrev>] [<model>]
Only <ver> is mandatory. Model must be specified if requested
ROM file is not a regular Kickstart ROM.
v1.3 (select any autodetected 1.3)
v1.2 r33.166 (must be KS1.2 revision 33.166)
v1.2 A500 (KS1.2 rev 33.180)
v2.05 A600HD (KS 2.05, rev 37.350 or 37.300)
v3.1 r40.68 A1200 (KS 3.1 rev 40.68 A1200)
v3.1 r40.68 (KS 3.1 rev 40.68, both A1200 or A4000 version allowed)
v3.1;v3.0 (any revision of KS 3.1 or 3.0)
v3 A1200 (A1200 KS 3.1 or 3.0)
v2 AR (any Action Replay v2)
Multiple matches: highest available version is selected
Extended ROM config item: kickstart_ext_rom=
Cartridge ROM config item: cart=
cart=Arcadia <name>, for example cart=Arcadia Xenon
-- 16 Lip 2012, 10:02 --
Oczywiście, jeżeli stary tcUAE wygra, to umieszczana byłaby wersja po liftingu, w której:
+ wyłączono domyślnie scalex2
+ wygląd poszczególnych zakładek jak tcUAE v2.5.3
+ zakładka filters identyczna jak w WinUAE v1.6.1 (przywrócono część opcji)
+ usunięty komunikat, że SGF nie jest w 100% bezpieczną formą zapisu
+ zmniejszony rozmiar
- brak wsparcia dla ścieżek audio CD32
- kłopotliwa zmiana opcji w Game Ports (trzeba najpierw w Input wybrać Compatible Mode)
- brak części filtrów/opcji graficznych dostępnych w nowszym tcUAE (np. masks)