Greets from an Amiga oldie (UK)!

Do you speak english?

Greets from an Amiga oldie (UK)!

Post IP: rejestrowane!

Hi! I discovered thecompany.pl by accident the other day, and have scarcely stopped gaming since! What can I say... this is a spectacular resource; my sincere thanks to all who have been involved in collecting these games and making them available in such a simple and elegant manner here, at long last I can effectively have an Amiga on Windows! I was raised on Amiga 1200 games as a child and had a great number of them, but I haven't been able to play most of them again until now, other than a handful that were ported (often badly) to other game consoles... brings back many memories. I dabbled with Amiga emulation once before (WinUAE) but never got it working properly, yet almost all of the titles I've downloaded here are flawless (or very near to it.) Smashing work, truly.

I have a couple of questions. Firstly, is there a thread for requests somewhere? There are a good dozen titles it would be great to see added to the site, if possible. I've put the games (+other misc software) I'm interested in below, for my own reference if nothing else (feel free to ignore if it's inappropriate.)

Ukryta treść:

Secondly, about virus warnings. Firefox served me a warning when I downloaded The Chaos Engine (2.5), but from reading around the forums it seems this is a common experience, so I'm reassured that it is indeed a false positive. I'm merely curious to know what is in the files that causes this false positive to occur.

Thank you once again! :ok1: :hee:
Last edited by lunar on 05 Aug 2015, 19:25, edited 2 times in total.
lunar United Kingdom (uk) Male
User level 0

Online: 3h 44m 32s
Lamps demolished: 0 (+0)
Reputation point: 0

Re: Greets from an Amiga oldie (UK)!

hello there, and thank you for warm words. most of us was grown with amiga ;) beautyfull times. and yes, we are tired to configure every single game in winuae emulator to gets it best compatibility. thats why we're doing what we do ;)
(i also think its a great idea ;) )
about requests. as for now we have a lot of requests, and the work on new exes take time and betatests, thats why we had to close it. we are now during a major exes update from v2.5 (which are not working on windows 8 and later) to 2.6. we let the people vote on most popular requests in THIS TOPIC. hope you will find what you are looking for.
we doing our best to finish the update as fast as possible, but this is a not profit thing and everybody who are involved in this doing it for fun in the free time thats why it takes time ;)
anyway, enjoy

ps
sorry for my bad english ;)
Pancio Netherlands (nl) Male
Legenda

Online: 1272d 19h 25m 53s
Reputation point: 988
Ciemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna strona

ps ps
and the platformer you mentioned its probably PREMIERE
Legenda

Ciemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna strona

Hi Pancio, thanks for the reply (don't worry I understand everything perfectly!)

I recognised Premiere instantly, that's the one, cheers! I can cross that off the list. :)

Ok, put a couple of votes in the request thread. I look forward to more games as they appear. No pressure, all in good time as I appreciate this is a fan project. Got plenty of games to keep me busy for the foreseeable future. \o/
lunar United Kingdom (uk) Male
User level 0

Online: 3h 44m 32s
Reputation point: 0

lunar wrote:Secondly, about virus warnings. Firefox served me a warning when I downloaded The Chaos Engine (2.5), but from reading around the forums it seems this is a common experience, so I'm reassured that it is indeed a false positive. I'm merely curious to know what is in the files that causes this false positive to occur.

all virus warnings appears in few exes 2.5. all new exes (2.6) shouldn't have the virus problem. of course its a fake alert (due to our old exes engine) and you shouldn't worry about it (we also writing mail to anti viruses developelrs for making them white list). we dont wanna harm anybody, or spy or others. we simply lazy and want to play our best games easy ;)
cheers
Legenda

Welcome, and stay with us.
Elemelek Mistrz w układaniu butelek.

Elmek13 Poland (pl) Male
Dowódca Kasztanów

Online: 22d 3h 24m 32s
Lamps demolished: 1245 (+1008)
Reputation point: 801
Ciemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna stronaCiemna strona