English

Which game was this?

Redferne Guys

There was a game that featured - best I can remember and could tell by the few pixels :) - snails, that you had to control. In principle this was a trading game, whereby one had to buy and sell different "commodities" and via taking them from one planet to another you could make profit. It also had some slight action element to it as well, but I am forgetting that piece, it was so long ago.
Does anyone know what I am talking about or remember the name of this game?
I would love to play this again :)
Page 1 of 1 1 https://forum.thecompany.pl/general-talk/which-game-was-this-t1291.html
2011-07-08T10:19:10+01:00
Guys

There was a game that featured - best I can remember and could tell by the few pixels :) - snails, that you had to control. In principle this was a trading game, whereby one had to buy and sell different "commodities" and via taking them from one planet to another you could make profit. It also had some slight action element to it as well, but I am forgetting that piece, it was so long ago.
Does anyone know what I am talking about or remember the name of this game?
I would love to play this again :)

2011-07-08T22:23:17+01:00

Re: Which game was this?

I think it is Elite or the second part Frontier: Elite II
Check it up.

Code: Select all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier:_Elite_II

2011-07-09T05:43:09+01:00

I was also thinking Frontier: Elite II but snails?!?!?!?!

2011-07-09T06:55:25+01:00

Only game with snails as the main characters that I know is Steg The Slug. ;)

2011-07-11T11:30:59+01:00

Nope - Elite and the sequel are not it :(

This wasn't a simulator rather a kind of arcade stile game in the sense that you controlled a literally very small something (this is why I am calling it snail - best resemblance for me ;) ) on the screen from a side view. At this phase of the game you were running around with your small thingy trying to collect commodities as fast and as many as possible, as a timer was running out. When the timer ran out came the trading/bidding part (I think). When both these phases were done you had to go to a new planet.

This is roughly as much as i can remember - hope this rings a bell to someone.
OH: and it also had multiplayer (hot seat obviously) - when two little thingies could be controlled simultaneously etc.

2011-07-11T14:59:23+01:00

What about the POV, scrolling type, some specific objects and their colors? Needz moar detailz!

Return to General talk