I have a problem with an old pc.

I have a problem with an old pc.

Post IP: rejestrowane!

I have an old pc running under XP who's system has crashed recently. So, In order to be able to use it, I put it back to the state it was delivered (about a decade ago), unfortunately in that state the Xp is too archaic to be of any use. So here's what I'd like to do. I'd like to update it to the latest XP version but I can't use the internet directly as that computer no longer has a connection. So I can only get the pacthes from this computer and then copy them, using CDS or removable HDs. So how do I do that? How do I get an update for the XP from a computer under another windows? Any solutions/suggestions?

If you don't undesrtand the question, please ask for clarifications.
lemruler France (fr) Male
User level 1

Online: 3d 1h 19m 33s
Lamps demolished: 0 (+0)
Reputation point: 0

Re: I have a problem with an old pc.

Find, download and update service packs. There are 3 files. I see You are from France so go here and download installer to another PC and then send this to CD or PenDrive or sth:
http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows/service-packs-download#sptabs=xp
santa13 Poland (pl) None specified
User level 12

Online: 139d 3h 13m 7s
Lamps demolished: 15193 (+11417)
Reputation point: 1031
Kapitan BombaKapitan BombaKapitan BombaKapitan BombaKapitan BombaKapitan BombaKapitan BombaKapitan BombaKapitan BombaKapitan Bomba

Re: I have a problem with an old pc.

Thank you santa ! It worked like a charm! It's amazing that in a couple of hours I got years of update. I thought that computer was finished because it was clogged with crappy files due mostly to sneaky downloads that you get when you go to some sites. But now after I retrieved the initial configuration ( A dvd that luckily I didn't lose) plus the three packs. It seems new again. Of course it is still a computer from 2002, top of the line back then. But it can still be useful to run some old programs.
lemruler France (fr) Male
User level 1

Online: 3d 1h 19m 33s
Lamps demolished: 0 (+0)
Reputation point: 0